Preventive treatments at Dental Impressions are used to control decay and other problems in the early stages. The goal is to maintain your oral health. We want all patients in Chicago to keep their natural teeth for life.
Preventive Dentistry in Chicago
Preventive dentistry can include basic treatments and services as well as advanced procedures. The preventive services we offer at Dental Impressions include:
- Professional Teeth Cleanings: This routine procedure is at the core of good dental health. There is no substitute for removing plaque and tartar buildup from tooth surfaces and around the gumline. For this reason, it is important to keep up with regular teeth cleanings at Dental Impressions.
- Dental Sealants: This clear protective layer fills in the pits and fissures in the chewing surfaces of back teeth. These are the areas where plaque bacteria thrive when left unremoved. Sealants provide a barrier that keeps food and bacteria out. As a result, sealants help prevent tooth decay.
- Fluoride Treatments: This natural-occurring mineral strengthens enamel and makes teeth more decay-resistant. What’s more, fluoride can even reverse budding cavities. So, if you have poor oral hygiene habits or lack access to fluoride fortified drinking water, professional fluoride treatments can help.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Early detection and treatment are the keys to surviving oral cancer. For that purpose, we perform oral cancer screenings in Chicago. These life-saving tests are a part of any routine dental exam at Dental Impressions.
- Traditional or Digital X-Rays: Dental imaging has been around for about a century. Your Chicago dentist used x-ray technology to detect cavities and signs of disease. Therefore, x-rays are an invaluable tool that helps safeguard your oral health.
Preventive Dentistry at Home
In addition to regular visits to Dental Impressions, you also need to be diligent about your dental health habits at home. The only way preventive dentistry in the office can be effective is if you show up. Likewise, you must take care of your teeth and gums on your own. This point cannot be overstated. Brushing and flossing with the proper techniques will go a long way.